Saturday, April 5, 2014

Investment Idea Sharing April 5, 2014

This Week's Activity – April 5, 2014: 
Remember our next monthly meeting is this Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 7:30 PM at my house. 

The Yahoo Finance lookup functions for Mutual Fund Evaluator are now working again thanks to a lot of help from my friends Michael B. and Nathan.  This week’s updated Mutual Fund Evaluator is now available at www.ultimatestockfinder.com for download.  We are now using customizable Stock Market Functions that work inside an Excel spreadsheet and go to the web and strip out data values from URL’s that you can specify.  Let me know if you would like more information on how we are doing this and I will send you a short tutorial email.

My AARP magazine for April has an excellent “What I Know Now” interview with Barbara Walters where she makes several really good comments on how to live.  The one I liked best is about friends: “My friends are very important…we trust each other, we have fun, we can say anything to each other and not leave the room and worry, Why did I say that?”.
Read the interview here:

I bought RFMD in Jan. 2012 at $4.45, and this week (April 1, 2014) I sold it at $8.00 (see ‘Stock Sells’ below).  In early February, RFMD announced they were merging with TriQuint (TQNT), and my shares jumped from $5 to $7 in about 4 weeks.  Read more here: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/triquint-rfmd-merger-equals-205504969.html 



RFMD and TQNT ‘Row-by-Row’ comparison in Stock Evaluator along with several of their competitors:  http://www.ultimatestockfinder.com/stockevaluator_rfmd_tqnt_competitors.xls
Compare Fundamental Values for RFMD and TQNT against some of their powerful competitors including:  INTC, TXN, BRCM, STM, RTN, NXPI, NIPNF, IFNNY.

This week, the world market indices were mostly flat, but Russia was up 4% and Japan and China were up 2%.  I guess the market has decided that Russia’s aggressive moves in the Crimea are acceptable.  Read more here: http://seekingalpha.com/article/2127013-dow-theory-signal-questions-bullish-economic-and-market-trends

Summary Table of Worldwide Market Index Closing values for this week:

I still think the markets are overpriced but I continue to look for good values on individual stocks of good solid companies. 

Last week I found a website (http://www.insiderinsights.com/free/ ) that provides a free list of the weekly top 20 Insider Buys and Sells by dollar volume for stocks traded on US markets.
I have added their link to the Ultimate Stock Finder.com “Links” page at Table of Contents Section “1. Current Stock Market Values & Metrics” http://www.ultimatestockfinder.com/websearchlinksindex.html#today

At the right hand side of the “InsiderInsights Free Stuff” page, select either “Buys” or “Sells” and then click “Get top 20”.  The new window shows an excellent table containing:
Filer Name and  Title; Company Name and Ticker Symbol; Transaction Type and $ Value.
I will be checking these Top 20 Buy and Sell reports weekly to keep track of what the insiders are doing, and see what stocks I should be researching. 

StockEvaluator ‘Short List’
‘Short List’ screens using 12 fundamental value limits that I want to see in a stock before considering it as a possible buy. 
View our training video that shows how to enter your preferred values for each of these ‘Short List’ screening limits:

View the ‘Short List’ screening criteria and target limit values here: http://www.ultimatestockfinder.com/short_list_12_criteria.JPG

Stocks on the ‘Short List’ list this week are: CAJ, KYO, DCM, VSBN

I also use FinViz stock screener as a parallel check along with my ‘Short List’ to find good fundamental stocks that are near their 52 Week Lows.  Here is the FinViz stock screener link set to the 9 of 12 ‘Short List’ limits that are available at FinViz.  

Next Monthly Meeting 2nd Tuesday of Each Month:
Tuesday, April 8, 2014, 7:30 PM at my house. 

Here are my Stock BUYs for This Week:
Stock Symbol:
Buy Date: 
Buy Price:  
Target Sell Price:

Here are my Stock SELLs for This Week:
Stock Symbol:  RFMD
Sell Date:  April 1, 2014
Sell Price:  $8
Buy Price:  $4.45
Buy Date:  Jan. 9, 2012

Here are my Mutual Fund BUYs for This Week:
Fund Symbol:
Buy Date: 
Buy Price: 
Target Sell Price:

Here are my Option (CALL or PUT) Sells/Buys for This Week:
Option:
Stock Symbol:
Sell to Open Date:
Expiration Date:
Strike Price:
Option Price:

Visit www.ultimatestockfinder.com to download our Stock Evaluator and Mutual Fund Evaluator spreadsheets, read training articles and check out all our web links for investing information.

Please remember to send me any other investing ideas, information or questions that you want to share with the group.

Thanks,
John D.

Disclosure: The author has no positions in any of the stocks or mutual funds mentioned in this article unless clearly stated above. We certify that except as cited herein, this is our work product. We received no compensation or other inducement from any party to produce this article.  Please see our full legal disclaimer at:  http://www.ultimatestockfinder.com/stockevaluator_disclaimer.html
______________________________________________

To Remove Your Name from this email distribution list, reply to me and I will delete your name.

Ultimate Stock Finder is also on Facebook, you can ‘Like’ us on FB and receive our weekly ‘Investment Idea Sharing’ letter (summary paragraph only) to your FB page.  https://www.facebook.com/UltimateStockFinder


You can read our weekly ‘Investment Idea Sharing’ letter at our Ultimate Stock Finder blog:  http://ultimatestockfinder.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment