Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Investment Idea Sharing Sept. 15, 2014

Investment Idea Sharing – Sept. 15, 2014: 
See below for my personal stock market Buys or Sells for last week and Monday of this week:
Buy Stock: PGN
Sell Covered CALL: NOK
Sell Cash Secured PUT: PGN
  
Last week, the world market indices were all pretty flat except Russia (down 3.5%) and Brazil (down 6.2%).  The Dow Jones 30 Industrials and S&P 500 are still close to their all time highs. 

I continue to look for stocks that have good fundamental financial values, but stock prices near 52 week lows.

Summary Table of Worldwide Market Index Closing values for this week:


Next Monthly Meeting 2nd Tuesday of Each Month:
No meeting for September. 

Here are my Stock BUYs for This Week:
Stock Symbol: PGN
Buy Date:  9/10/2014
Buy Price:  $6.99
Target Sell Price: $10.00
I bought this same company (PGN) last week at $8.50.  PGN continued to go down this week and I could not find any more bad news about them, so I bought more this week.  Here are the reasons from last week’s email for why I bought them and still like them.
PGN (Paragon Offshore Ltd.) was spun off in early August 2014 from NE (Noble Corp).
I had been following NE this summer because they were at $28 which was flirting with 5 year lows, and they pay a nice 5% dividend and have good fundamental values.  Holders of NE received 1 share of PGN for every 3 shares of NE, and after the spin off, PGN was selling for $10/share.  This seemed high to me given that NE by itself was selling for $28 to $30 prior to the spin off and after the spin-off only went down to $27.50.  I put in two buy orders, one for NE at $8.50 and one for NE at $25.  NE went up and never came near to my $25 target, but PGN continued on down and hit my $8.50 so I bought it. 

Here are my Stock SELLs for This Week:
Stock Symbol:
Sell Date: 
Sell Price: 
Buy Price:  
Buy Date:  
Here are my Mutual Fund BUYs for This Week:
Fund Symbol:
Buy Date: 
Buy Price: 
Target Sell Price:

Here are my Option (CALL or PUT) Sells/Buys for This Week:
Option: Covered CALL 
Stock Symbol: NOK
Sell to Open Date: Sept. 15, 2014
Expiration Date:  April 2015
Strike Price: $9
Option Price: $.59
I had bought NOK at $8.90 in Feb. 2011, and after this purchase NOK had gone down to $1.90, and then eliminated their dividend.  I believed NOK would come back so I held them.

Option: Cash Secured PUT 
Stock Symbol: PGN
Sell to Open Date: Sept. 15, 2014
Expiration Date:  March 2015
Strike Price: $7.50
Option Price:  $1.00
See above for my reasons to buy PGN. They have continued to go down, but I still like their fundamentals and am willing to buy more if this PUT is struck.

Visit www.ultimatestockfinder.com to download our Stock Evaluator and Mutual Fund Evaluator spreadsheets, read training articles and check out all our web links for investing information.
NOTE: Spreadsheets will NOT be updated from Sept. 1 until Sept. 20 because I am on vacation.

StockEvaluator ‘Short List’
‘Short List’ screens using 12 fundamental value limits that I want to see in a stock before considering it as a possible buy. 

View our training video that shows how to enter your preferred values for each of these ‘Short List’ screening limits:

View the Stock Evaluator ‘Short List’ screening criteria and target limit values here: http://www.ultimatestockfinder.com/short_list_12_criteria.JPG

Mutual Fund Evaluator ‘Short List’

View the Mutual Fund Evaluator ‘Short List’ screening criteria and target limit values here:

Please remember to send me any other investing ideas, information or questions that you want to share with the group.

Thanks,
John D.

Disclosure: The author has no positions in any of the stocks or mutual funds mentioned in this article unless clearly stated above. We certify that except as cited herein, this is our work product. We received no compensation or other inducement from any party to produce this article.  Please see our full legal disclaimer at:  http://www.ultimatestockfinder.com/stockevaluator_disclaimer.html
______________________________________________

To Remove Your Name from this email distribution list, reply to me and I will delete your name.

You can read this weekly ‘Investment Idea Sharing’ newsletter at our Ultimate Stock Finder blog: http://ultimatestockfinder.blogspot.com/

Ultimate Stock Finder is also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/UltimateStockFinder


Your friends can sign up to receive an email of this weekly ‘Investment Idea Sharing’ newsletter at: http://www.ultimatestockfinder.com/contactusindex.html

No comments:

Post a Comment